What makes IEC’s program successful?
- A four-year certified program provided at 4 different locations in North and South Dakota.
- 144 minimum hours of training per year with lectures, demonstrations, labs and homework taught by highly committed and knowledgeable instructors hired annually by the IEC-Dakotas Apprenticeship and Training Committee.
- Based on 576 training hours and a total of 8000 hours of on-the-job training for the four-year program.
- Training is overseen by an active Apprenticeship and Training Committee regarding policies and procedures.
- Employers have a concern and are interested in the employees’ progress.
- Depending on course of study, you may be eligible for up to 37 semester hours of transfer credit through the American Council of Education.
- Optional Certification from the US Department of Labor upon completion of this program.
- Certification from the IEC upon completion of this program.
- Dedicated professional staff to assist you in moving through the program.
- Students completing the program say, “This is the best training they could do.”
Why Join the Team of IEC Electricians?
- Our members want the best training and education for their employees.
- The demand for trained, skilled electricians is high and expected to continue to grow.
- Apprentices do not need to pay dues to belong.
- Growth opportunities are abundant in the electrical field.
- Once you complete the electrical apprenticeship and become a journeyworker, you can move up the career ladder as a project foreman, estimator, manager, etc. There are great opportunities in electrical construction!